The Nepal-USA Chamber of Commerce and Industry (NUSACCI) was established to promote bilateral trade, investment and related economic activities between Nepal and the United States of America.The Chamber will provide institutional and program to support to promote bilateral trade to concerned business enterprises both in Nepal and the USA.
NUSACCI is directed by an eleven member Executive Committee under the Chairmanship of Mr. Narendra K. Basnyat. H.E. Sandra Vogelgesang, US Ambassador to Nepal, is the Honorary president of the Chamber.The Nepal-USA Chamber of Commerce and Industry was officially registered with His Majesty’s Government, Kathmandu District Administrative Office, on July 1, 1994.The Nepal-USA Chamber was officially launched on November 30th, 1995.
Government efforts to encourage foreign investment are not to enough– a lead role has to be played by the private sector in establishing direct contact and linkages with potential partners in the USA.In this context, the role of a bilateral Chamber becomes particularly significant, leading to the establishment of this organization by a group of industrialists, businessman and professionals.The primary objectives of the Chmaber among others are to:
- Promote contact and co-operation among Nepali and US industrialists, traders, economists and other professionals.
- Make economic analysis, provide consultancy services, carry out research on economic, industrial and commercial areas and exchange relevant data and information.
- Establish and operate Documentation and Information Centre.
- Promote industry, trade, technology, and joint ventures.
- Organize workshops, seminars, trade fairs, exhibitions and meetings for the purpose of promoting industry, trade, technology and joint ventures.
- Represent and protect the common interests of Nepali and US investors.
- Establish relations with US based organizations and associations having similar objective.